Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Secrets of the Dead: Amazon Warrior Women

Just watched this program on our local PBS station. It is 4 years old, and I think I have it recorded somewhere, but this is my first time watching it. I enjoyed it, if you can say that. I have been interested in archaeology/anthropology since childhood, and it was one of the professions I was truly interested in going into, but it wasn't recommended, no jobs they said... Crap. Should have done what I wanted, would have been much happier, and probably more successful. Instead, I thought at the time that having a job that paid well was more important than doing what you were interested in. Got that from my mom I think, though I don't think that was the impression she was trying to give. Just my perception. Was also interested in mythos/folklore and didn't see a future in that either. Oh well, the past is the past I guess.

So anyway, this program, as noted, was about the Amazons and what might have become of them. And Jeannine Davis-Kimball pretty much found out, in the western steppes of Mongolia. And proved it thru mitochondrial DNA. Love this stuff. Any way, here is the link to the site for the program:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/previous_seasons/case_amazon/index.html

(((((

No comments: