Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Mists of Avalon The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I don't know as I actually read the book, I own it, but did listen to it on audiotape...literally. I have a set of cassette tapes with the book acted out with a cast. Loved it!



I actually like the personifications of the legendary characters in this book better than the traditional tellings. While very much imbued with magic and sorcery, it seems much for a propos of the actual times it would have occured.

Never did buy into the whole "women/evil man/misguided fool" of the original telling. This retelling fills out their stories better, gives more "valid" reasons for the actions of particular characters. And the fact that there really isn't a "bad guy" atmosphere, more of a clash of cultures.


View all my reviews.

No comments: