Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jill Churchill, Grace and Favor: In The Still Of The Night

In the Still of the Night: A Grace and Favor Mystery In the Still of the Night: A Grace and Favor Mystery by Jill Churchill


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is the first I read of the Grace and Favor books, book 2 I believe. It was the only one at the nearest library they had (the other one had most of the others). This one got me hooked, but it isn't my favorite, Someone To Watch Over Me is my favorite.



The plot of this one, if I remember (being a few months ago that I read the one's I've read) was pretty good. It wasn't the easiest one I've read, so that's good.



Again, as with the other Grace and Favor books, you get a bit of a history lesson with your read.





Blurb from Author's site:



In the Still of the Night

Lily Brewster and her brother Robert have all the appearances of being rich even though the family fortune went out the window with the crash of 1929. But thanks to great-uncle Horatio who left them Grace and Favor Cottage, a huge mansion, the Brewsters live in the style which they had become accustomed. To make sure they didn't go back to being society bums, crafty old Horatio attached some strings to his bequest–the poor Brewsters have to work for money to survive When Lily came up with the ideas to turn a profit by luring their society friends to Grace and Favor for a paying weekend, she didn't plan on a who-dun-it with one guest dead, one missing, and Lily and Robert chasing a murderer.


View all my reviews.

No comments: