Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Joanne Harris: Chocolat

Chocolat Chocolat by Joanne Harris


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I loved the book and I loved the movie equally. Read the book first (after buying the dvd) and they really aren't the same...similar, but not the same...



But I loved them both. I count the movie as one of my all time favorites (with Whale Rider and Roman Holiday). The movie is beautifully done and tells the story it is meant to tell.



But the characters in the book! Wow! I just loved them all, well nearly all...the priest was a bit of a jerk.



There are basic similarities to Like Water for Chocolate in that the alchemy of emotions and cooking are prevalent in both.



Read the book, watch the movie, and enjoy both! Can't wait to read the sequel to this book, plus the 2 or 3 others of hers sitting on my shelf whispering my name.


View all my reviews.

No comments: