Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Dilly of a Death (China Bayles Mystery, Book 12) A Dilly of a Death by Susan Wittig Albert


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I have FINALLY finished this book. I bought it a few years back, but must have been distracted because I never got past the first few pages. I have managed to read all the latter books from the library, and then checked this one out and thought, hmmm, this looks familiar. Went and checked my bookshelves and lo and behold, there it was. So took the library copy back and pick this up and read it.



Very good book, kinda figured out who-dun-it early on, but then doubted myself several times with the "red-herrings" the author set out.



And the recipes?! I'll have to try some of them, but finding some of the ingredients is going to be difficult. Like rose hibiscus (I think that's it) leaves. Where am I supposed to find something like that? I can't find bulk herbs of the more common variety around here, much less this. So off to the web I go to do a search.



If you like Susan Wittig Albert's China Bayles series, you might also like these series:



Laura Childs teashop and scrapbooking series.

Cleo Coyle's coffeshop series

Tim Myers' soapmaking and candlemaking series as well as the card making series he writes under the name of Elizabeth Bright.

There are a few others, but right now can't remember names.



If anyone has any suggestions for like-minded series, please leave me a comment telling me of them.




View all my reviews.

No comments: