Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sherrilyn Kenyon: Acheron

Acheron (Dark-Hunter Series, Book #25) Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon


My review Spoilers below, don't read if you don't wanna know!!!!!!


rating: 5 of 5 stars
So far just barely started the book and I can tell I'm going to love it. I've enjoyed virtually all of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter/Dream Hunter, etc. books. They are in the romance section, but to me they are just good stories.



This one, as warned by the author, may be a little bit difficult for those who've suffered childhood abuse. And so far I've found this to be a true enough warning, though I didn't suffer that kind of abuse myself.



Look forward to the rest of this HUUUUUGGGGE book.



Sunday August 10, 2008



I finished this book in the wee hours of the morning...This was one great, huge (700+pages) book. But worth every last page.



You get Acheron's entire past and how he got so involved with Artemis and how horribly his family treated him. The one person in his human family that cared for him was his sister Ryssa (and later her baby son).



Kenyon does manage to leave a whole new path open of unanswered questions. Due to Acheron no longer being bound to Artemis, and Artemis refusing to allow any more Dark Hunters to go free, Soteria leaves us with a glimpse of there being other ways to get around the issue. And Nick and Artemis winding up together??? That should be interesting.



Here is my question, does the whole Greek pantheon feed on each other or just Apollo and Artemis? (And thus Archeron and Soteria and the Dark Hunters) If not, why just them? And why is Artemis so needy? What is making her react the way she does? If I remember correctly Cupid and Psyche get along with others just fine... Zeus has always been a butt, and a few other gods as well, but what makes Apollo and Artemis the way they are...



And was Acheron just hallucinating when locked in Artemis' little room when he heard Ryssa's voice? Or will she reappear later.. kind a hope so , hope she and her son are able to be brought back...I really liked them, but am not counting on it. Even as reincarnated beings...



And will Acheron and Soteria have kids? Time will tell...But I did like how how Acheron found out he had more friends, and real friends, than he thought...



the story of Jaden is supposed to come soon. That should be interesting.


View all my reviews.

No comments: