Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jane Yolen: Briar Rose

Briar Rose Briar Rose by Jane Yolen


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is listed as a young adult book...I disagree, it is for everyone from their teens upwards. A most excellent telling of a young girls revelations about her grandmother's past.

The details of her grandmothers experiences during the Holocaust are harrowing and a bit devastating. Definitely a book that should be put on the must read list for high school, during the same period of reading Anne Frank.

Cannot recommend this book, and it's author enough. I have been a fan of Jane Yolen for longer than I can remember. I don't even remember what the first book of hers is that I read, LOL.

But Briar Rose is a deep, thought provoking story that needs to be read.


View all my reviews.

No comments: