Saturday, April 26, 2008

Walmart

Okay, a bit of a rant here. I like to order books thru Walmart.com. It saves money and time. Well, it used to. They do NOT offer ship to store with books, nor pay in store.

But my biggest rant right now is this:

THEY HAVE REDUCED THE STOCK OF BOOKS YOU CAN ORDER.

I, just a few months ago, could find several of the authors I noted on the right of this blog at Walmart.com....not all of their books, but some. Now several of those authors are no longer listed. Even new releases! I do not understand this. It is so convenient to buy a Walmart gift card and buy online rather than make a trip to the bookstore and possibly have to order there as well, plus cost is lower at Walmart. I would prefer to pay the full price if I knew that the author got a bigger cut of the profits, but I seriously doubt that. Even buy directly from the author would be good.

Okay, rant ending.

No comments: