Saturday, April 26, 2008

New reads and news

Have just read Rhys Bowen's Her Royal Spyness. I really rather liked this book and am looking forward to the new book due out in July. She has 2 other series, Evan Evans and Molly Murphy. Her website is: rhysbowen.com

Also, have found out one of my favorite authors, Lyn Hamilton, will not be writing any more Lara McClintoch books. I loved these books that have an anthropological slant to them. Oh well, will just hope she changes her mind. lynhamilton.com

Same with Yasmine Galenorn. She had 2 cozy mystery series that I loved, but she has discontinued those to concentrate on her paranormal series. This is okay, her right, but I pouted for quite a while, LOL. Also, I can't seem to get into the new series, don't know if it is perpetual brain fog or what. www.galenorn.com

Found a new author: Kerry Greenwood. Well, new to me, seems she's been writing since the late 80's. Her Phryne Fisher series, I'm just starting it, with not the first book, but Away with the Fairies. And they are only available in hardback (pout). Seems to be a good series...I'm only a couple of chapters in. Don't know how I feel about Phryne, she seems a bit of a snob. But I can get over that, LOL. phrynefisher.com

Also, Rett MacPherson's Torie O'Shea series is good, especially with the family dynamics and genealogical slant. http://www.rettmacpherson.com/

Looking forward to reading Laura Child's latest in her scrapbooking and her teashop series. Her books come with tips and recipes in the back... http://laurachilds.com/

Well, that's all for now....

No comments: