Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Seventh Witch by Shirley Damsgaard


Okay, first off.... I HAVE LOVED THIS SERIES SINCE THE BEGINNING.  Having said that, this is supposedly the last book, at least for now. I am NOT happy with that.

I have enjoyed this book more than the others.

It is set, this time, in a North Carolina Appalachian Mountain community amongst extended family and a blood feud reminiscent of the Hatfield's and McCoy's.... sorta. Throw in magic, an unexpected face in the crowd, exposure of a in-the-family feud, spirits, brownies and house fairies, etc., and you're all set.

I will also add, I really loved the ending of this book more than the others. (NO SPOILERS HERE).  I loved, and related to, the interaction of the women in the family. Soooo too close to home, LOL.

If you haven't read her books, and like "cozy mysteries" with a touch of paranormal and magick,  these are a must!

No comments: